• Editing a variety of projects that includes broadcast TV commercials, product and service announcement videos, sizzle reels and teasers, how-to instructional videos, profile pieces and company bios according to storyboards, tight scripts, and brand guidelines, or with basic concepts and little direction
• Provides internal project leadership to edit/post team on assigned productions utilizing strong planning, organizational, and communication skills
• Collaborating with Creative Directors and Video Production manager to ensure project expectations are aligned and met
• Ensuring all assets are aligned with the project’s message, tone, and visual aesthetic for different clients and styles.
• Work with video production team during pre and postproduction for larger scoped projects.
• Track, version vet, prepare and render final edits to match the various deliverables per client specifications.
• Meets critical deadlines under changing conditions, strong time management
• Building and maintaining a team rapport with creative team personnel and producers
• Communicate with RGVision clients when needed
• Finalize edits for deliverables and color grading in multiple formats
Here’s what you’ll need:
• Minimum 3 years of experience editing video for social media, editorial, profile pieces, and TV Ads (a plus, not required). This also includes the ability to edit short and long form content
• Minimum 2 years in operating video editing software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, After Effects)
• Minimum 2 years understanding of graphic design, color correction, audio mixing, cutting music, motion graphics, etc.
Bonus points if:
• Experienced in all aspects of video post-production including editing, sound editing, finding appropriate music, basic motion design, and asset delivery.
• Experience with After Effects for motion design
• Comprehensive understanding of editing file structures and A/V formats and compression
• Have passion for visual aesthetics and storytelling
• A wide breadth of knowledge in the techniques and processes of digital filmmaking is a plus – NLE editing, 3D software, cameras and lenses
• STRONG attention to detail, composition, and spelling
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at one given time
• Ability to recognize and process internal and client feedback.
• Must be able to collaborate in a team environment.
This position requires someone who is self motivated, extremely organized, with great communication skills. The Video Production editor is a full-time position. This role has certain guidelines based on due dates. RGVision media is the leading media company in South Texas, we pride ourselves in being a performance driven company. The environment is creative and fast pace, where you will be evaluated based on your performance to grow your knowledge, creativity, and experience.